Dancing on the Streets

Alright, I'm very very late on this, but it must be posted. Being in India to experience the Indian Cricket Team win the World Cup on home soil was special. The whole thing from the excitement in the air during both the Semifinal & Final, the goosebumps on my arms and tears in my eyes when we were singing the Indian national anthem, the pride Indians had in their eyes and voices when speaking about their country and THE DANCING ON THE STREETS after both historic wins.

This World Cup validated something I've been saying for a long time. There are very few things in the world, if any, that can cause millions of strangers to erupt into a massive dance session on the streets.  Maybe the end of a war, however I don't think that's the case anymore.

Sports is it. Sports can cause this incredible burst emotion and pure exhilaration that I witnessed on the streets in Delhi when Dhoni hit that historic 6.  I'll shut up now and let the pictures do the talking...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour