An Educational Trip to Barcelona

I recently went back to Barcelona at the invitation of the Director of FCBEscola, Xevi Marce. Accompanying me were the owners of Conscient, Rajesh and Anu Jain. I had no idea what to expect, however Xevi had given me his word that he would spend 3 full days with us since he was committed to making an FC Barcelona project India work. His feeling was that the more we got to know each other and the more we understood FC Barcelona’s youth academy system, the better we could plan and execute FC Barcelona programs in India.


I will spare the details and just say this: The 3 days I spent in Barcelona with Anu, Rajesh and Xevi were 3 of the best days I’ve had preparing for any project in my life. We spent 3 full days discussing values, watching FCBEscola in action, touring the new La Masia, spending time with FC Barcelona’s International team, eating incredible lunches and dinners and discussing the future of Indian football over fine wine and champagne.

I got into football purely for the sake of providing the opportunity for kids all over the world to develop as individuals through this beautiful game. Fortunately, my companions on the trip and my new friend Xevi felt were on exactly the same page. Together we celebrated the present and created the future...
Here I will let the pictures do the speaking and show some of the highlights from the trip.


 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

My Love Affair With Kolkata