A Pleasant Surprise

Last week I was scheduled to fly down to Bangalore to be part of the leadership team for a ONE GOAL workshop on nutrition and football.  The workshop started on Tuesday and since Monday was a holiday here in India, I decided to fly down one day early because for some reason or another I felt spiritually compelled to visit Sri Sathya Sai Baba's ashram located a couple hours drive from Bangalore in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh.

I won't go into all the details of my experience, however I will say that I found the clarity I was looking for while meditating in the presence of this great Saint. This was needed as at that point my mind, body and spirit were all a bit off track due to the always so difficult transition from the US back to India.

Anyway, the pleasant surprise for me was walking into the Sri Sathya Sai Baba Sports Complex and seeing proudly hanging on the wall a football jersey signed BY Pele TO Sri Sathya Sai Baba.  Not many would get the significance of this, but I certainly did. Think about it...this man is considered God by millions of people around the world and Pele, a footballer, was asked to sign a jersey for him. That's like Jesus asking a famous athlete for his autograph back in the day.

Anyway, I thought it was funny and worth mentioning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour