The Beginning of a Dream Fulfilled – Conscient Premier Football League

The funny thing about a dream is that you can’t strategize exactly how you are going to fulfill it. Dreams, by definition, are meant to be lofty and, at times, a bit abstract. The important thing is to remember that all you can do is know your dream, share your dream, visualize your dream fulfilled and always be a clearing for people to come into your life that have similar dreams.

For the past 4 years, I’ve been telling anyone who wants to listen to me that my dream is to create a sustainable infrastructure for soccer to develop in India. Thanks to Dentsu and Conscient Group, I’ve been provided with the opportunity to begin to fulfill that dream.

Our collective team created the Conscient Premier Football League. This is the pilot program of an organized youth soccer league that is based on the best practices found in youth leagues around the world. The focus is on creating a positive environment for youth to learn and play soccer www.conscientfootball.in.

We launched the league a few weekends ago with a parent and participant orientation. In the course of 3 days, I made 9 presentations across 3 campuses to hundreds of parents and their children. To some that sounds tiring, however I loved every minute of it because I knew that I was on the path to fulfilling my dream while up on stage.

It was a beautiful experience speaking with the parents and kids about the value of youth soccer, behavior on the field and on the sidelines, tips for proper nutrition, etc… All topics that are somewhat new to many of the parents in attendance. It came naturally to make these presentations since establishing professionally run youth soccer leagues in India is exactly what I want to be doing in my life at this moment.

We have a long way to go with the Conscient Premier Football League, however I know that this is the first step to a dream fulfilled.

I’ve included some pictures of the launch below….

 


Comments

  1. Very noble cause indeed and it does suggest that you are well on your way to achieving your dream. I currently work for a sports consultancy in London but do intend to return and do work around Indian football in the longrun. Would be fantastic to keep in touch. My email is carlosrod2609@gmail.com. Do drop me a line when time permits and all the very best with your endeavours.

    Regards,
    Rahul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

My Love Affair With Kolkata