ICC Cricket World Cup - Getting Better

I posted earlier about my less than extraordinary experience at the South Africa v West Indies ICC Cricket World Cup match. I kept wondering what it would have been like if I attended an India match.  As luck would have it, a friend of mine got me suite tickets for the India v Netherlands match at litterally the last second. We showed up when India was just starting to bat and I have to admit that I was extremely excited to have the opportunity to experience an India cricket match in India. 

The stadium was full, the passion was contagious and the energy spread through every part of the venue. Coming from a "Fan Development" background I have to admit that Indian fans are some of the most self expressed supporters I've ever seen in any stadium for any sport in the world. However, this only lasted for about 20 minutes and then static and boredom snuck in. There were way too many lows for the 4-5 highs that existed. 

For me cricket is a technically beautiful game, but at times it seems anticlimatic. I know that I'll feel different after spending more time in this country and really understanding all the elements of the game; for now this is where I sit with my perception of cricket.  Here is a picture of me at the match.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour