Libero Sports India - Fun & Culture On & Off the Pitch

Holi is a fascinating holiday which is celebrated in India and wherever in the world Indians currently live. I’m still not 100% sure of the cultural significance of the holiday, however I’m now an expert with how to celebrate it properly. It goes something like this: wake up early, put on old clothes, get together with friends & family, pelt each other with colored dust, water balloons and other objects which cause mass colorization to body parts, dance to music, eat copious amounts of food and eventually go home, shower and sleep or watch movies the rest of the day. Now this may not be culturally accurate, however this has been my Holi experience over the years and I’m not looking to mess with what’s working.

As my 3rd Holi in India was approaching, I started thinking about all of the fun ways I could spend the holiday. I racked my mind with ideas like going back to my yoga teacher’s Haryana village where I spent Holi last year, playing with the kids who live in my neighborhood, taking the train to a new city, etc… But then our Managing Director, Sukhvinder Singh, came up with a brilliant suggestion: he recommended we all play Holi together at our massive office/bungalow aptly entitled Libero House.

It turned out to be a memorable day full of family, friends, football and a whole lot of colored objects. Not only was our staff and families represented, we also had friends from AIFF and the various agencies we currently work with. It goes without saying that we all had a blast; however the true message is that I feel blessed to have the opportunity celebrate such cultural events with the people who are working as my partners in professionalizing the football landscape in India. These types of days only work to strengthen our bond and our commitment to support each other in our respective roles in building the sport we love in the country we love.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour