SGVP International School...My Spiritual & Football Heaven

This past weekend, I visited my home away from home away from home. It’s the place which I’ve been visiting for the past 6 years to recharge my batteries and remind me of everything which is right in the world. I’m talking about SGVP International School located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, the state where my parents were born and where my Uncle established this world class spiritual and academic center.


To me, SGVP is a direct reflection of what I love in life: spirituality, sports, culture and positive living. From the first day I entered the campus in 2006 I fell in love and knew that I would spend my life exploring ways I can contribute to this wonderful place. The only problem was that during my last dozen or so visits, it always seemed as though the school was providing me with a lot more than I was providing to it….until now.

After 2 days of sunrise yoga, tasty Gujarati food, long spiritual conversations with the Swamis, prayers, speaking with students about life and football matches I finally shared my dream for SGVP: It will one day be the home for the best football programs in Gujarat.

While I was living in the US it was difficult do much for the school except send some donations every once in a while, but even that was difficult because I didn’t have much money. Then when I moved to India, there was little I could do while with my former employer plus I was still learning about India and building my network.

But things have drastically changed with 2.5 years of India living under my belt. I now have a grasp of the country, a network and experience in establishing ways in which schools can offer world class programming within their existing infrastructure. As soon as I spoke with my Uncle about this, the Universe started working its magic. Everything began to fall in place and it was clear to me that this is another dream which will soon become a reality.

I don’t know when it’s going to happen or exactly how it’s going to happen, however I’m 100% sure that Libero Sports India will guide SGVP International School in becoming the hub for youth development through football in the beautiful and progressive city of Ahmedabad.










Comments

  1. Nice article..i think people should go through it. Thank you for sharing such a nice information.

    International School in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am also blogger I am studing in SGVP Ribda Rajkot in 8
    Please Visit:-
    sgvpribda.blogspot.com
    iamtopin.blogspot.com
    youmotivational.blogspot.com
    samarthjokes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour