Manchester United in Delhi – What a Day!!!!

My organization, Libero Sports India, works with both Manchester United Soccer Schools (MUSS) and Amity Education Group. We recently facilitated a partnership between these two groups which would bring MUSS to Delhi for the first time ever.

As part of the lead up to the player development program which will take place in Delhi, the project director for Manchester United Soccer Schools India, Chris O’Brien, came to Delhi to speak with students, teachers and parents about the club and the upcoming program.

I was fortunate to get the opportunity to spend the day with Chris going from school to school listening to his presentations. The guy is amazing.  I didn’t know what to expect but I’ve never seen someone speak with so much clarity, humility, graciousness, and humor while still delivering his key message. The other amazing thing was that he made each presentation with the same energy 6 times in a row without ever losing steam.  Simply incredible.

I had only met Chris in person once before this school tour and we had spoken on the phone a few times, however I’m really glad that I got to experience him in action as I now believe that Manchester United could not have sent a better ambassador for their club to India.  I’m also glad that I get to work closely with a guy who has this much passion for the sport and country.
I’m a firm believer that you must live in this country, love this country and have patience for you to really make a difference which rings true for many industries outside of football.  Chris is a shining example who fulfills all 3 criteria.

With Chris at his office in Mumbai


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour