I-League Clubs Looking to Libero Sports for Off the Pitch Services As Well

2013 was definitely the best year in Libero Sports India’s short but impactful lifespan of pioneering and shaping the Indian football industry.  Since one of my last blog posts about the DSK-Liverpool FC partnership, we have secured business  from a number of new clients which has definitely added even more cheer to this already joyous holiday time.

Beyond the fact that we have new clients and more revenue, I’m most excited about the type of new business we are securing which is 100% in line with our capabilities and, more importantly, what the industry requires to strengthen its foundation.  I can’t get into details however I can share that many I-League clubs are starting to value our services beyond  the players we can provide and have started to hire us to consult them in the areas of business strategy, marketing, fan development and social media.

I can honestly say that the fact that I-League clubs are hiring football consultants to help them structure themselves is a massive shift from the often times archaic approach to professional football club management in India which has been the case over the past few years. This shift can be directly attributed to the impact that Pune FC, Shillong Lajong and especially JSW Bengaluru has had by raising the bar in I-League club management. A very similar phenomenon is what happened in MLS when Toronto FC, Seattle FC and Portland Timbers entered the league. All of a sudden clubs like the then Dallas Burn and then Kansas City Wizards started the process to evolve into more professionally run clubs.   

As I type this post, I’m sitting at the Delhi airport about to fly out to meet with an I-League club owner and newest Libero client to start a 360 degree consulting project. And I’m feeling happy, very happy because I know that this is one of the best ways to transform the Indian football landscape….one club at a time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour