Juhu Beach

I don’t know what it is but I love Juhu Beach in Mumbai.  It’s crowded, dirty, smelly, and you can’t walk more than two feet without seeing feces (dog and human) yet for some reason there is a certain charm which brings me back there each time I’m in Mumbai. 

I was in Mumbai for a few days last week and woke up early one of the days to go for a nice run and yoga session on Juhu Beach.  While running I watched the hundreds of people that populated the beach at 7:30am on a Thursday morning all engaged in some activity: cricket, football, fishing, eating Pav Bhaji or letting go of last night’s Pav Bhaji in public, etc…

One of the thoughts which entered my mind was how charming it is to see people on a beach who don’t really care how they look to others.  I grew up in a place called Huntington Beach in Southern California and the beach was a place where you are only truly comfortable to frequent if your body and style are at their peak.  At Juhu Beach, nobody cared about their bodies or their style, they cared about having fun and spending time with loved ones.  So although my local beach in California is a much more pleasant beach to visit, it’s easy for me to communicate that Juhu Beach is by far more comfortable.

Oh, and because this is a football blog, I must say that I loved the number of kids I saw playing football on the beach.  Almost matched the number of kids playing cricket which is a positive sign in my book. 





Comments

  1. Bright lights, excited vendors and a mesmerising aura describes Juhu beach the best. Be it the alluring food stalls, the loud, blaring bollywood music, the beach is one of the most popular attraction in Mumbai city. For accommodation, check out these hotels in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour